A warm, woody, sweet fragrance with an intoxicating incense-like fragrance. Said to symbolise divinity, it imparts uplifting and clarifying properties for body and mind.
ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Respiratory | Circulatory | Glandular | Clarity | Calm | Strength | Divinity
Frankincense essential oil is steam distilled from the resin of the Boswellia carterii tree, and was, along with myrrh, the first gum to be used as incense. Ancient Egyptians burned frankincense as holy incense and used it as a face mask. The earliest record of frankincense use was found in a tomb inscription from the 15th century BC.
This oil is the most popular in aromatherapy for its calming and healing properties. It is used to tone oily skin, ageing skin and wrinkles. Frankincense essential oil has been used to ease anxiety, stress, and is said to benefit the respiratory system. It is a general tonic and has a calming effect during stressful times. It is most useful during meditation.
To find out more about this product download our factsheet HERE.
Uses & Benefits
- Diffuse for a powerful aroma to clarify the mind, uplift mood and create a spiritual atmosphere for meditation or prayer.
- Massage after blending for circulation, aging, tired skin, aching joints and muscles, balance and mood.
- Apply diluted to skin for a toning and purifying effect. Add to bathwater for relaxation and calm.
- Blends well with Lavender, Pine, Geranium, Orange, Lemon and Bergamot.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.